Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yeah... It Caught Up With Me

Yeah... I gained this week.  Not too surprising given that I've been in sick mode, therefore all my self restraint has gone out the window.  But it's okay.  One week does not ruin an entire plan. 

I also know why.  I stopped tracking.  I track, I do well, I lose weight, I stop tracking thinking I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing, then I stop paying attention and boom!  I gain again.  It's okay.  It's not the end of the world.  I've started tracking again, and I will continue to do so this week.

I am also going to add exercise into the mix.  Turns out I'm getting tired of lazing around.  This means I need to listen to something my grandmother once told me.  I can't remember her exact words, but it was something along the lines of the more you do, the more you want to do.  I know she's right - I have more energy to do things the more I do.  The more I sit in my comfy chair and do nothing, the more I feel like doing nothing.

So this week my goal is to track my points, get some exercise, and stay on top of my chores.  I really struggle with energy after work.  So I'm going to get a cup at tea at 4pm, review my meal plan and decide on supper and what I am going to do when I get home.  With that in my mind... I should have the energy and the momentum to make more progess.

Being an adult is sure tough some days!! 

0 comments: