Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January - Progress

So January 1 hit... and I started watching what I was eating.  I started with WW Online because I don't have time to attend meetings, and I don't like the group format.  I wanted something that was minimal fuss, but got results, was healthy, and something flexible enough so that I was still indulging in the stuff I enjoyed... just less.  WW online works, I have access to it at home and at work, it's easy and the system accounts for calories and fat and exercise.

Since January I've lost 7.6lbs.  Not bad, not bad at all.

So why did I start this blog?

I can feel myself slipping.  I ate waaaaaay to many M&Ms this weekend, I had a grilled cheese and fries for lunch when I know, know, KNOW that fries are just not good for me.  Not only do I feel gross after eating them, they are sooooo high in fat that I can feel myself sliding back into old patterns and I want to stop it.

So I'm writing again.

And I'm going to stop indulging.

It's okay.  It's okay that I had a rough weekend food-wise.  I'm not punishing myself for slipping.  But I am not going to let myself slip tomorrow.  I am working on the philosphy that life is a series of ups and downs.  Sometimes I need the indulgence and I think that's okay.  I just need to keep the indulgence to a day or two and not a week, month or year or two.  I can do that.

I may go out for lunch - but I will balance the rest of my day.  I will stay away from french fries and coke.  I will be good.  I will.

I like the numbers going down, I want them staying that direction and I will NOT let one weekend's indulgence scrap my goals.

So there.

I will be not indulge tomorrow.  I won't.

0 comments: