Thursday, February 4, 2010

So...

So - I think this is just going to be a week of gains.  It sucks, but it's just that kind of week.  I think that's okay.  It's not okay for next week to be a bad week, too, so I need to figure out what is bugging me about this week and what I intend to do about it so I don't fall into the same trap next week.

There are a few things...

  1. I am disappointed with some decisions that have been made at work.  My director has made some decisions as a result of a poorly managed project.  I think the decisions have a negative impact on my ability to do my work and threaten the long term health of the tool I use to do my work.  It sucks, I feel like he's decided that since he doesn't understand our work it must not be important.  We've had three positions cuts and two major programs.  I'm generally unhappy with these decisions.  Although I am happy with the work that I do have to do and I like everything else about my job.  It just sucks that this director doesn't care at all about how these decisions affect people.  Oh well, I will have my chance at employee survey time.  Not that it will go anywhere... his ratings will go down, again, and he'll whitewash it all, again.  However, he is only a small part of my job and I need to find the joy in the rest of what I do and put this behind me.
  2. I'm fighting a cold - so I'm tired and not feeling 100%.  This makes me a lazy cook and much less likely to make good choices.  So I will get some rest, take some vitamins and hope that by next week I'm back to normal.
Hmmm... I thought there was more, but I come back to I'm disappointed at work and just exhausted.  So I think I have my action plan...

GET SOME REST

I also think indulging in activities that I *do* like will also help lift the blahs and make me feel better.

I'll post my weight tomorrow - today is about pizza, crazy bread, reading a good book and going to bed early.

0 comments: